Thursday, May 10, 2007

Another bittersweet day


Today was yet another bittersweet day. I found out last night that my friend Katelyn is leaving for the summer TOMORROW MORNING! I was so upset I sobbed for like 45 minutes, almost non-stop. I got to see her today though, not for very long, but long enough that I have a little closure for while she's gone. She's coming back after summer and once in July, but I won't really be able to talk to her all summer and my sweet 16 is on Monday, so it's going to be hard without her, but she said she'd call me so that will really make it a happy birthday. I loved getting to see her today, especially since it'd been so long since I'd seen her, but at the same time it was sad because we were only able to spend a few minutes together and that was a nice chat, but really, it was saying goodbye. It makes me feel better though, because I know she really understands that this is going to ber really hard on me, but I just have to remember what she told me-that she's going because it's what God wants her to do and if he wanted her to stay here, then she would. It was something I knew, but it's better coming from her. I guess it gives me more confidence knowing that that's really the truth.
Yes, there were some tears this afternoon, but I feel better about it now and I'll be counting the days until we get to see each other again.

No comments: