
While riding home from bible study tonight, I was listening to the songs sung by a very dear friend of mine. As one of my particular favorites started, I really listened to the words and it just spoke to me. "Through It All" by Katelyn & Karen has always been special to me, but tonight, as I listened to it yet again, I realized that the lyrics from that songs fit exactly to my life right now.
Through It All
I've been running for far too long
Losing track of where I belong
Needing something to see me through
Forgetting grace that's found in you
Through it all you're still waiting
Through it all you never gave up
Now you've led me out to the desert
Speak to me and restore my soul
Every time I think I've learned
The next trial leaves me burned
In the struggle your arms open wide
And patient love draws me to your side
I'll never understand
Never comprehend
Why you don't abandon me
You refuse to leave
I've been going through a really difficult time for quite a while now and alot of that time consisted of my turning my back on God and not wanting much to do with Him at all. Prayer almost never happens anymore and, though I feel bad for saying it, I've often felt like I just want Him to leave me alone, but, just like the song says, He's still waiting, He never gives up and He refuses to leave me, even when I feel like that's what I want. He has remained steadfast through everything and won't abandon me, no matter how much I run. I too and forgetting all He has given me and the grace and peace that is found in Him. I think I really have lost track of where I belong; lost my way, but He is always there guiding me, forever patient and always present Through It All.

1 comment:
hi, it's the Karen half of the band... Katelyn just emailed me where I guess you re-posted this on facebook maybe? Anyways, it's such an encouragement to read things like this and see how God is using our songs... when I wrote that almost a year ago I could never have imagined him using it to impact someone else, I was just in the middle of my own tough time and crying out to him trying to make sense of it. So yeah, thanks for reposting it cause it was definitely an encouragement to me to read!
Post a Comment