Sorry everyone, but I'm just feeling the need to ramble right now. Listening to this song I love, "Stand By Me", almost made me cry because that's so much what I want right now. I mean, I know I've got people that are here for me forever and always, no matter what, but lately I've been feeling the overwhelming need to have someone physically HERE with me right now. This past week especially I've felt really, what I like to call "cuddly". I've felt like I want to curl up in someone's lap and arms and just feel that closeness, that embrace, like I'm loved and safe. I'm a very physical person so getting the physical hugs and closeness and whatnot is extremely important for me. I got to see some of my college/grad-school friends after the church service today and I loved getting to see them but the person that really stuck out today was Logan. When I came up to her she hugs me, and not one of those absent-minded "oh, hey" hugs, it was tight and full of love; it made me feel so loved and so safe; like she wouldn't ever let go if I didn't want her to and if I hugged tighter, so did she. If that weren't fantastic enough, she also took the time to talk to me and actually hold a real consersation. I loved every second of it. When she finally needed to go, she gave me another one of those so-amazing-and-exactly-what-you-need-they-make-you-wanna-cry hugs. That was one of the highlights of my day and my week as well, simply because it was all I'd been wanting all week, maybe longer, but had never been able to attain. Just with that hug, she told me that she loved me, I was safe, she would never desert me, and everything was going to be okay, but it was okay to be scared and struggle too. She probably didn't know what that meant to me, but the important thing is that it really hit the spot emotionally and all those things is represented ring true.
I hope everything really is going to be okay...
Sunday, November 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment