Wednesday, June 13, 2012
Maybe I'm just not one of the lucky ones...
I used to believe what the story books said – that good triumphs over evil and in the end, everyone gets what they deserve…but I’m not sure I believe that anymore. Maybe there are just two types of people and there’s nothing that we can do about that, like Socrates said. Just like my theory about trouble always finding the same people, about there being two types of people: the ones who get everything life can throw at them and the ones who skate through unscathed; maybe there are just the people who get everything handed to them and never have to work for anything and then there are those of us who can’t catch a break and bust our asses our entire lives, only to always come up a little bit short. I used to have hope that one day my day would come, that eventually all the privileged, spoiled brats would take their hits and the underdog would finally be on top but now…I’m not so sure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment