Tuesday, October 4, 2011
Something's changed
I'm not sure if it's the double-dosage of my meds or just God but something is definitely different. This past week or so has been...like nothing I can describe. I'm finally feeling better. I've gotten plugged in to a wonderful college ministry and have an absolutely amazing small group. For the first time in a long time, maybe in my entire life, I feel like I truly have a support system and people who love me and care about me and want me with them. I've been reading Hosea and while I don't understand a lot of it, it feels really good to be back in the Word. Katy, one of my Challenge leaders (aka small group) has been absolutely amazing. She's shown me love like no one before and introduced me to discipling. We prayed for days and God put a wonderful young lady named Molly on her heart. We've only met once and I love her already. For the first time in my life, someone knows all my flaws and secrets, the good, the bad, and the ugly, and is still here with me. She's made it clear she's in it for the long haul and that is completely new for me. We're so much alike in so many ways and she can truly understand a lot of my struggles. It's weird, I've been taught about God and brought to church since I was a baby but I've been so far from Him for such a long time...I was beginning to think I'd never get back. Now that I'm there full-force, working to live my life for Him, it's like I see the world and everyone in it in a whole new light. I'm not perfect, far from it, and I've still got a long way to go but it's a start. For the first time in 4 years, I really see hope on the horizon and a light at the end of the tunnel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment