Tuesday, June 5, 2007

CANADA-Day 1

Okay, just FYI, I didn't actually write this while I was in Canada because I didn't have internet access there, though some of these entries have things in them that are taken from my journal I kept while I was there.


Today was pretty good all-in-all. The flight was long, but fun, though I was exhausted afterwards, especially because Canada is 2 hours BEHIND Texas. Ouch, I know. We met Jerry, the pastor of The Bridge (the church we're helping), and he's really nice. I like him alot. The dorms are pretty nice and I really like having my own space. Vancouver is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! We have a gorgeous view of the moutains wherever we go and things are so much cleaner. The air is crisper and polution isn't nearly as bad. I especially love that Sarah Green could come on this trip. It's the only one she's been able to go on and it's her last year in girls' chior, which makes me really sad. She's off to Texas Tech in August and it really breaks my heart. I'm going to try and make the most I can out of this week which might possibly all I have left with her...anyway, I'm really looking forward to the rest of the trip and I hope Sarah Benke can meet us up here, thought she still doesn't have her passport.

No comments: